Jerry Yan Fan Meet in Manila 2004

My first time to see Jerry Yan at NBC Tent for Bench endorsement. I ask my brother Azrael to cover the event. His first experience in vlogging! I'll write a blog post about this memorable-chaotic-unforgettable experience!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jerry Yan's dream car is wrapped around his mom's hand

Jerry Yan’s photo album 9314 Man & Boy doesn’t hit stores until March 30th, but Appledaily has a sneak peek of a boy vs man monologue featured in the book. Here is part one of the two-part excerpts:


Hi, have you had a dream before? Boy

How are you?

When I was a boy, I had many many dreams: Make life better for my family, be someone that my mom is proud of.....hm, I think I even wanted a sports car. Ha! Because almost every boy at that age wants a sports car.

But I rarely talk to people about my dreams. Almost never, I don’t usually talk about it, not even to my very best friend. I don’t want people to think I’m a kid who didn’t know better.

I've had a few cars since then, but none were sports car.

1 year-old Jerry


Although many would think they are old cars, but I like them, they are very practical, and fulfill my needs at the moment: filming and resting, taking my family out.....For those demands, I don’t need to care how (the car) looks. As for the “grandpa car” that I disposed just recently, that was something my good friend and I – He was an adult in my eyes at the time. He sold the used car to me. It was the first car I've ever had. I think it had a special meaning. It wasn’t until the car wouldn’t run anymore, when I finally disposed it.

Ha! My current sports car might be on my mom's wrist!

It took me a ton of effort to fool my mom into going to a jade shop recommended by my friend. A female artist friend who knows a lot about jade, said wearing (jade) improves the health of seniors.

I brought my mom to the shop. She thought I was only taking her out for dinner. I said I have to get a gift for a friend, and needed to borrow her hand...Once the bracelet was put on her, I didn’t let her take it off.
My mom is very frugal. If she knew the bracelet cost 3 million, she would never have bought it.
But I like buying things for her. Every mom deserves to be treated well by her children.
Later on, I was really worried that she would do the same as what I did to her, happily telling everyone that the beautiful bracelet on her wrist only cost $3,000, and then give it to her friends as a gift, so I told her the real price.
I now joke with her once in awhile: Wa-Sai! Not bad! You are wearing a sports car on your hand!
So you can say I did fulfill my dream of having a sports car... ...
That was truly a happy time for me.
That kind of love and constraint, it is what I like, and (what I) also can’t resist.

The retro Jerry-car (Cefiro)


The fan-made Jerry-car


http://www.cpopaccess.com/2010/03/jerry-yans-dream-car-is-wrapped-around.html

No comments:

Post a Comment